Summers gone, temperatures dropping and only 44 shopping days to Christmas. Where has the time gone?
As we go to print, the next version of Javelin (2012r1) is ready for release. New functionality details are below. This will be our third release under the Javelin name since we moved to the MS SQL database last year. We have seen many customers taking up the Javelin versions in the form of upgrades and we will continue to develop along customer driven lines.
The continued uncertainty that pervades the economic outlook seems set to last for the short term. That said, we at Javelin have been experiencing some very busy times of late meeting customer requests and the planned release of our On-line Training programmes has been slightly delayed as a result. That said, we should be in a position to formally announce the release of the first of this new method of training very shortly.
If you would like to discuss any training requirements that you may currently have, or if you would like further information on the e-learning courses please contact either Michael Holmes or Chris O’Mara.
Looking at an upgrade? Whether you came to one of our seminars last month where we demonstrated the latest Javelin version or are at the point where you think the move to a later Jobshop version is due, feel free to contact your Account Manager – Tom McClure to discuss your needs and identify what the process is. Tom can provide details on what you would need to bring your system up to date and what exactly is in the later versions compared to the one you currently operate.
For more details on Javelin, Events, Training and Support, please visit our Website javelin.verosoftware.com.
We are pleased to announce the latest release of Javelin... 2012r1, our third of the SQL based releases. As normal this version contains much new functionality, a significant amount reflecting specific requests from our Customers.
"It's Javelin listening to what our customers tell us they want in the software to help them become even more efficient".
New functionality includes:
- Enhanced Reject / Scrap booking via Defect registration
- Print and Progress status of Defect
- Multiple codes per defect
- Processing of Defect to ‘wind’ back reject quantity through existing operations or batch on new works order
- Trace additional labour / material costs to defects
- Enhanced analysis reports and enquiries
- Can now book Qty Complete when completing Setup
- Jobs can now be Suspended and automatically Restarted when using a new Suspend type of non-productive code
- Designed to allow advance purchase of strong contract items without a sales order
- Also allow recognition of surplus supply
- Purchase or stock strong contract items against ‘dummy’ sales orders
- Link ‘real’ sales to dummies so MRP recognises existing supply
- MRP confirmation of stock transfer to real sales order
- Supply can now be marked as “Fixed” (MRP Type “F”). This is similar to type N except it is only considered to be available on it’s due date
- “Session Time Out” Magic.ini setting causes the application to exit after being idle for the specified number of minutes. By default Session Time Out is not implemented
- “ServerFarm=Y” Teminal.ini setting that causes Terminals to be identified by User ID only, ignoring Machine Name. Intended for TS/Citrix Farms where the machine may vary, but the configuration will not
- ICONTYPE Logical name will specify the icon displayed in the upper left of the Application. Useful for identifying Demo or Test systems. Valid values include “Demo, Toolkit, Special, Planit”
- Stores can now be designated as Consignment Stores and assigned to a Customer
- Stock in Consignment Stores can be adjusted/transferred
- Sales issue allows Consignment Stores to be selected
- Parts can be marked “Obsolete” which excludes them from most lists, processes and enquiries
- Circuit Refs now under Issue Control (Data Upgrades to the Current Issue of a Part)
- Quotation Items now has “Update Descriptions” button which will refresh the Part No and Descriptions from Estimates or Parts for all lines
- Parts can be marked "Exclude from Authorisation". This will exclude the Part from the Authorise Structure Treeview
- “Create Returns Note” menu renamed “Sales Returns Notes”
- Failed Count Report now has Value and Nett Value totals.
Aero Engineering 2011 Exhibition: Stand 502
09/11/11 - 10/11/11 NEC, Birmingham