Introduction - Paul Holmes
Latest Release - 2013r2
Welcome to the June Newsletter
Waiting for the summer to start seems to be the national preoccupation at the moment. Fortunately we do not have to wait any longer for the latest version of JAVELIN, as 2013r2 is now formally released.
The full functionality of the latest release can be found below
or by clicking here
but in essence includes:
Configured Parts - Allowing Routings and BOM’s to be identified using a series of formulae.
Tools Purchasing - Miscellaneous Purchase Orders can now be associated with the purchase of tooling or repair/re-calibration of existing tools.
Crystal Templates and Reports - Sales Pick List has been added as a document option within Document Copy Customization. Copy Customization now allows definition of saved output options for Crystal Templates (Excel, PDF, CSV, etc).
Security and Program Access - It’s now possible to limit access to the main maintenance programs (Parts, Customers, Supplier, SO, PO, WO, Quotes, Estimates) even when they would be available in query mode via a zoom from another screen.
And there is more…
For more information on what the new release contains or queries on upgrading your system please contact Andy Mills
who will be pleased to assist.
We have announced the date and venue of our next Customer Event
and the JAVELIN team look forward to welcoming you to what we hope will be an informative and interesting day. We will announce details of the actual program later in the year but will have some exciting news about our planned Development capabilities as we move into 2014.
Figure it out in JAVELIN 2013r2
The latest release of JAVELIN contains some powerful tools for manufacturers of configurable products designed from a number of basic building blocks or operations.
New functionality includes:
- JAVELIN Configured Parts allow the Routings and BOMs associated with a particular part or complete assembly structure to be defined using a series of formulae
- These formulae can reference Parameters entered against the sales order line (e.g. Length, Height, Color) and Variables associated with Work Centers or Materials (e.g. Cutting Rate, Thickness, Hardness)
- This same flexibility of unlimited variables has been incorporated into the existing Synthetics formula based calculations which have now been extended beyond the estimating area to allow use of segment definition in routings
- All formulae are evaluated during works order creation to provide the actual material and operational requirements for a particular instance of a configured part
- Whilst the full configuration functionality is an optional module, unlimited Variables and Parameters are available as standard, providing an invaluable tool for Crystal Report analysis and customized documentation
- Miscellaneous Purchase Orders can now be associated with the purchase of tooling or repair / re-calibration of existing tools
- Conventional Goods receiving procedures have been integrated to place tools into a ‘Goods In’ location ready for relocation / use within the tooling module
- Full traceability and visibility of tool orders is available through the tool screens, many of which have been redesigned to show more relevant data and information
- A new report allows the cost of tools to be monitored and allows amortization of tooling costs across parts produced using the tool
Crystal Templates and Reports
- Sales Pick List has been added as a document option within Document Copy Customization
- Copy Customization now allows definition of saved output options for Crystal Templates (Excel, PDF, CSV, etc)
- A new utility has been added to allow the easy mass remapping of Crystal reports to the current data base – a boon for anyone writing reports against the demo database before moving to the live data. Use it when you upgrade to 2013r2
- New ‘Data Views’ added to assist report writing. These appear as tables within the Crystal ddf but are actually amalgamated from several tables automatically by the SQL Service making it far easier to produce summary reports. How many sub reports would it take to see stock, sales orders, purchase orders and works orders for a group of parts. All this is now available as a single view
Security and Program Access
- It’s now possible to limit access to the main maintenance programs (Parts, Customers, Supplier, SO, PO, WO, Quotes, Estimates) even when they would be available in query mode via a zoom from another screen. Simply remove the user’s rights to the associated Hot Key Inquiry and they will no longer be able to access the program from anywhere in the system
- A similar mechanism prevents viewing of Costing information within the part maintenance screen itself if the user does not have access to the Part Cost History Inquiry
Annual Customer Event
We are pleased to announce the date and venue for our 2013 Customer Event. We will be unveiling the 2014r1 JAVELIN system and the improvements/new functionality introduced so far this year.
We hope you can join us and will publish more information nearer the date.
Date: Wednesday 6th November 2013
Capture Real Time with our White Paper
Effective Manufacturing Control - The Importance of Real Time Data Capture (and how to achieve it)
An authoritative new White Paper on the importance of Real Time Data Capture (RTDC) and how to achieve it, has been written by Ian Cartwright, Senior Consultant and published by JAVELIN.
It highlights the business case for information updated in Real Time and the best ways of ensuring that manufacturers achieve this valuable business intelligence.
We are just realizing the business potential that can be gained from Social Media activity, here's how you can get involved too.
- We have set up a 'group' called JAVELIN Software
, a networking group for customers and partners to share industry knowledge on manufacturing processes. Join this group by clicking the link above to keep up to date with JAVELIN announcements and manufacturing news. We will also share your news stories so join this group now!
- 'Like' our page and let us have your facebook link and we will like you back! Our page contains industry news, latest release info and much more.
We recommend all our customers get involved because 'this is the future'! So when you are up and running send all your links by email to Mandy Riley